100 Days Convergence Project on Sustaining Livelihood During the Pandemic
When the pandemic hit Tuensang district along with the rest of the world, ECS teamed up with the District Administration and Agri & Allied Departments to converge and adopt 500 farmers for the promotion of rabi crops in eight villages to sustain the market needs of the district during the lockdown period.
10 partner departments under Tuensang district, namely, Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, Land Resources, Soil and Water Conservation, Water Resource Department, Fishery, Veterinary, ATMA and KVK converged for this initiative. Besides the Agri and Allied departments, the convergence initiative was also supported by DRDA Tuensang, District Task Force of Covid 19, District Administration, Security Department, Cooperation Department, and LBM. Along with these partners, the churches also converged with the team by providing financial support and monitoring the activities carried out.
- The project had covered 502 marginal farmers
- 8 villages participated in the initiative
- 10 Agri and allied departments took lead in the implementation of the program
- The farmer's income had doubled with the increase of production in most of the participating villages (amounting to more than 75 Lakhs in total sales)
- Farmers who had never grown Rabi vegetables, learned to grow and produce winter crops
- Apart from the direct beneficiaries, many other farmers also participated in the initiative at their own expenses